Wednesday, February 15, 2012

OH, OSCAR!

Anais Mali for Oscar de la Renta F/W 2012 RTW.

Oscar de la Renta is one of this nations national treasures and one of the world's best fashion designers. I've had my ups and downs with Oscar after he reportedly tried to bash our First Lady but I can't deny that he is one of the greatest fashion designers still living.

For his F/W 2012 RTW, Oscar de la Renta presented another beautiful collection and what caught my own were the pretty headbands the models wore that could easily be created using faux or real diamonds or colorful jewel encrusted brooches and satin ribbon or pliable velvet ribbon. The wider the ribbon the better.

I used ribbon that was 1 1/2 inches wide, but two or more inches of satin ribbon will do just fine. I used brooches from my own collection. Be sure to measure the ribbon to fit your head and hair length. It doesn't cost a fortune to be creative and this same technique can also be used to create a stunning belt using a thicker satin or velvet ribbon.
Cynthia Bailey - Zang Toi - Backstage - Fall 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
An Afro this huge or a smaller cropped Afro would be perfect to wear this headband with during an evening affair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails