Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Gorgeous in J. Mendel at the 17th Annual Hollywood Film Awards: Actress Lupita Nyong’o

I'm about to go on a little rant here, so be prepared. Do you see what happens when we promote those who our media won't normally promote? I celebrate Lupita because Lupita looks just like me, especially in my younger years. She's beautiful, poised and so elegant and I wish her nothing but the best in her future.

Now, you see Lupita's name all over the place and that's a good thing and we all know how the media has a way of picking up on people who we deem as popular.

On Tumblr she is all over our blogs, because that's where I first introduced her to the world at and I couldn't stop. I'm not obsessed, I just celebrate our beauty in the ways that it should be; because if we don't celebrate and embrace our own beauty many of you will be waiting forever if you think someone else will.

Ok, rant over. Doesn't she look gorgeously beautiful in this J. Mendel Gown???


And some of you have the nerve to be afraid of wearing clothing in color. Newsflash: Your beautiful skin tones can wear every color in the rainbow and they will still flatter you, heck, all women can use a little color in their wardrobes because color gives a woman exuberance and vitality.




Photos: Getty Images

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails