Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Actress Danai Gurira Name One Of Peoples Magazine's Most Beautiful

When People Magazine released the details of its annual “Most Beautiful” issue I didn't care to search for the entire list because I was elated that Danai Gurira was selected among those chosen as most beautiful. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow is on the cover this years issue and it seems that several bloggers failed to mention that actress/playwright Danai Gurira of the hit series 'The Walking Dead' was also among those chosen to appear in the issue.
Danai's Peoples Magazine Photo

It seems like folks only concentrated on the popular celebrities: Kerry Washington, Kelly Rowland, Halle Berry and Gabrielle Union and overlooked Danai's stunning photo. I've been a fan of this beautiful woman ever since I saw her in the movie, "The Visitor" and she's just as beautiful and talented as the rest of them.

"I feel most beautiful when I'm totally in my own skin."
— The Walking Dead's Danai Gurira


She's one of our Tumblr favorites and I've noticed that on Tumblr we seem to celebrate many of the overlooked and obscured beauties/celebrities that others don't talk about unless they're embroiled in some kind of turmoil.


I don't know what happened why certain individuals in the media stopped promoting and celebrating all women and now only choose to concentrate on those they deem as more popular. This crap irks the hell out of me and I don't support brands or people that practice this nonsense.  We've got some talented men and women out there who are super talented, but are getting overlooked because those who think they are influential don't promote them and they follow suit by doing the same exact things. That popularity crap is so high school and not progressive at all. Congratulations to all of you who made the list.






 Photos: Peoples Magazine/Peggy Sirota

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails