Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Am Legend: Actress Paula Kelly


Along with my mother, my sisters and the thousands of women who I saw in the media who looked like me and even those who didn’t, I was never without an array of positive images to choose from while growing up and Paula Kelly stood out because of her beauty and presentation. She was and still is beautiful. She could dance. She could act. And yes, she could sing too.
Today we hardly celebrate the women who are in “full bloom,” these women are in the prime of their lives and just like them, I’m glad to still be here celebrating and living my life like it’s golden. The media tends to ignore them and just like the media, many of us do the same thing. Just because a woman is no longer in her ’20s and ’30s doesn’t mean that she should be ignored and not celebrated.
To celebrate them means that they still exist. Thank you Paula Kelly for being such a positive influence with your talent, beauty and grace. Elegance Personified!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails