Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WHAT'S HAUTE NOW: The Inkwell Collection by Roslyn Johnson




Today, my fab daughter turned me on to another fashion designer who just popped up on her radar via her latest issue of Lucky Magazine. Seeing her so excited about her discovery, I quickly took a look because she knew that I'd probably love it. And love it, I do. I love that there's so many designers out here creating clothes that everyone will enjoy and I love it even more when it's high-fashion meets ethnic, cultural, tribal, African inspired or whatever you want to call it- pieces that are perfect for everyone and are quite wearable.

Inkwell is the latest brand to hit the block with their feminine silhouette's of flirty dresses, perfect for evening out or even in the office. Inkwell is the brainchild of emerging fashion designer Roslyn Johnson. Here, she mixes classic American style with elements of African heritage by using the versatile and sturdy mud-cloth fabric in her collection and nothing makes a statement better than traditional mud-cloth. Johnson is a graduate of Howard University and presently works as an Assistant Buyer at Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC.

Be sure to check out the shop here for more info.


Photos: Inkwel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails